|Mining Union Frigate|
A small warship used by the Mining Union for escort duty, crewed by corporate security types who aren't particularly fond of getting into fights if they can help it rather than regular soldiers. Not a particularly remarkable combatant in itself, it comes into its own as a support unit with its Shield Jam ability.
A light laser weapon, not particularly strong but still quite useful at range against unshielded targets.
- damage: 175 x 1
- energy cost: 60 EN
- base accuracy: 120
Reduces the target's shield strength by 15% for one turn. Stacks with other shield debuffs (including Liberty's Shutdown and Disable) for strength. Due to a bug in version 7.2, the debuff duration goes 1 - 2 - 1 - 2 when stacked instead of ramping up continuously as it should. Still quite a useful ability.
- debuff: -15% shields for 1 turn
- energy cost: 40 EN
- "This had better be worth the money."
- "What can I do for you captain?"
- "What are we doing?"
- "The contract didn't say anything about this."
- "We better be getting hazard pay for this."
- "Uh, can't we just talk this over?"
- "You better reimburse us for that!"
- "That computer was worth over 50,000 credits!"
- "You broke my space whale statue!"
- "Good thing we have... insurance."